Unconditional Happiness Reminders
1. You’re not your thoughts. You’re the observer of your thoughts and feelings. Thoughts and feelings are tools of your consciousness. Acknowledge them, and don’t suppress them. However, do it through neutrality. Relax and observe through non-judgment. Hence, it allows you to detach and not caught up in the lower vibrations. Learn from them without drowning in them such as “hey, this is pretty interesting, I can see my mind is angry and feeling resentful.” Now, your unhappiness may go into a complaint mode and start blaming and judging others or itself. Again, notice how your ego does it instead of falling into frustration – “hey, that’s fascinating how my mind likes to blame, judge and find fault with things.” Since you’re a neutral observer of your mind, you feel relaxed while you’re witnessing this. You don’t automatically get entangled in it and this gives you space to discern through neutrality. The relaxation allows you to feel peaceful about what’s happening in your consciousness and see reality from a bigger perspective without the need to blame; the need to be right; and the need to do harm. Hence, you approach life differently where you operate from kindness, compassion, and wisdom; thus, you let go of the need to criticize and let yourself feel good for no reason.
2. You’re not your past and have no need to worry about your future. This statement will sound very strange to your ego since the ego likes to attach to the past and worry about its future. It’s not that you should neglect your past. You can learn from it (the good, the bad and the ugly that took place); however, you should not dwell in the past, but live in the present. For example, you’re older now and you go back to your high school reunion. Sure, it’s fun to reminisce, but you probably don’t want to still act like a teenager. Hopefully, you have grown much more mature since then. Therefore, let yourself live in the now moment, and there is no point in worrying about the future. Worries only make you feel terrible and keep you in lower vibrations. Certainly, you can still plan for what is to come. However, when things don’t turn out as hoped, don’t automatically react negatively, but have a flexible mind. By feeling at ease, you will see many solutions and become more creative in your endeavors.
3. You’re not your traumas, emotional wounds, and unhappiness. Yes, everyone has had bad experiences in life and life is not perfect, but don’t let those dreadful things determine how you feel. If you do, you will feel awful. Therefore, allow yourself to heal through non-judgment, forgiveness and unconditional love (acceptance). Yes, your ego will fight you at first because it wants to hold on to its lower vibrations. It wants to keep playing the blame game and hatred, but if you choose to do that, you will never feel emotionally balanced. There’s always something bothering you on the inside and you can never quite feel at peace with yourself and others. Thus, allow yourself to face your negative memories and bad feelings through non-judgment. Acknowledge them and don’t run away or fight them. Relax, breathe deeply and begin to feel at ease with them. Forgive others for what they did to you as well as forgive yourself for your past indiscretions. No one is perfect and you don’t need to try to be perfect. Accept all your flaws and theirs too. This allows you to clean your vibration and let go of all the heaviness in your heart so you start to feel light, happy and energized. It frees you from your emotional baggage and you’re no longer trapped in the lower frequencies. Negative thoughts and unhappiness may still arise, but you’re not afraid of them because you know how to handle the situation without feeling bad through neutrality, forgiveness and unconditional love. When low frequencies try to bring you down, it just gives you a chuckle because you recognize them and don’t identify with them. The non-judgment or inner peace lets you vibrate on a higher spectrum, and this gives you a sense of pure joy. Therefore, you can integrate your ego with your higher consciousness so that it too feels blissful. When the ego experiences this, it transforms itself and no longer feels the need to reside in negativity.
4. Give up the need to be perfect; the need to be right; the need to control; the need to blame; the need to avenge; and the need to do harm. It sounds simple, but the ego has a hard time with these because it justifies what it wants; therefore, it would allow itself to engage in manipulating and controlling others so it can achieve what it desires; thus, it can feel empowered about itself. With this logic, the ego likes engaging in competitions/conflicts and wants to win. However, it doesn’t like the idea of win-win. It’s like when you watch a football game, you want your team to win. If feels satisfied when your team triumphs, but when the game ends with a draw or your team fails, it doesn’t feel gratified. It only feels good when your side wins, and the other side loses. It’s a matter of win or lose for the ego. When I get what I want, I feel great; but when I don’t, I feel terrible. Hence, the ego justifies winning at all costs.
How do you let go of these traits and give up what we mentioned above? First, you need to recognize it when it arises in your mind. The noticing happens when you practice watching your mind and thoughts often without getting caught up in them (being a neutral observer and non-judgmental). Now that you see it and feel relaxed about it, you can start a new train of thought (wisdom) such as even though my team didn’t win or I did not get what I desire, I still feel good about myself and others (unconditional happiness).
The need to be perfect can turn into acceptance. Even though I’m not perfect at _____________, it does not make me feel bad. I will continue to practice and improve and while I’m doing it, I don’t need to put myself down. Instead, I’m going to let myself enjoy what I’m doing even though I’m not brilliant at it.
The need to be right and the need to control others can turn into allowing others to have their own opinions without the need to chastise them. Let others have their flexibility and autonomy to create and produce betterment for everyone (win-win).
Rather than blaming, turn it into inspiration. Let’s do something together to improve the situation. Hence, everyone feels uplifted.
When you have the need to avenge or the need to do harm, you must step back and not go through with it. When that urge comes up, you don’t go along because hurting others is the same as hurting yourself. Injuring yourself gets you nowhere, and you’re trapped in the lower frequencies. Therefore, it’s better to do something inspiring. Allow yourself to feel joyful and help others to feel cheerful; thus, you never get involved in doing harm.
5. You’re your higher vibrations. Yes, lower frequencies exist and you experience them. However, don’t become a victim of negative emotions/thoughts. Instead, study and learn from them; therefore your consciousness can expand and you feel emotionally balanced. Don’t hate the ego (fear and judgment), but teach it to broaden its awareness; hence, you start to tap into your higher frequencies such as inner peace, inner joy, and independent happiness. We live in a sea of energies from the ridiculous to the sublime. Therefore, it’s up to you to where you align your consciousness. The more you heal yourself emotionally, the happier you feel; thus, you’re inspired to do good things and no longer participate in conflict. You can live your life in a state of flow. Getting there is not hard work. You’re simply relaxing your mind and body; have self-acceptance and can accept others as they are without getting involved in drama. Feel it in your heart and allow the goodness to overflow with joy.
Hence, nothing can ever get you down and life is a beautiful journey. Even with all the chaos and the ups and downs, you’re still able to embrace them with gratitude and unconditional love. Allow yourself to live, work and play through your high vibrations and life is always meaningful because you’re bliss itself.
That’s what life is all about so let yourself feel tremendous joy from within. It’s waiting to embrace you as soon as you allow it. Open your awareness and become one with the infinite. It’s what you truly are. Let yourself be it.